Monday, February 8, 2010

Polygenesizing with Don DeLillo



The Omega Point of DeLillo's philosophical pondering is one concerned with the trajectory of consciousness and the information that makes up our experience of life as individuals.

Time plays another major role in this philosophical investigation. Which time do we inhabit? Is our time subjective? Can we escape it?



He's received a heavy handed amount of criticism for his newer, slimmer novels, but with Omega Point, DeLillo proves that he is as sharp and talented as ever. For me, this book definitely goes amongst the top of his collection (not to mention, a stunning piece of digitally transcendental literature).

"I looked out into blinding tides of light and sky and down toward the folded copper hills that I took to be the badlands, a series of pristine ridges rising from the desert floor in patterned alignment. Could someone be dead in there? I could not imagine this. It was too vast, it was not real, the symmetry of furrows and juts, it crushed me, the heartbreaking beauty of it, the indifference of it, and the longer I stood and looked the more certain I was that we would never have an answer."

No comments:

Post a Comment